Who's On| Search/Rate| My Profile| Message Boards| Chat| E-mail|

Over 2,000,000 free e-mails sent join free

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Changes to member profile page

I am making changes to the member profile page over the coming weeks. My objective is to make the pages load faster. To the end I need to tighten up the code and remove or move some of the functionality.

Today I removed the "personal contact" section at the bottom of the profile page. This section allowed members to voluntarily post their IM, e-mail and web page information. I did this not for optimization, but to keep scammers and spammers from harvesting this information. I have 120,000 members, about 75% had posted their e-mail address in this section. That is a gold mine for any spammers and scammers. Members are welcome to post this information in their essay answers if they choose, but I highly discourage it.

I will be moving the rating system to a separate page soon.

As always, I appreciate your feedback in the comments section.

0 comments: